Saturday, March 29, 2008

Next Steps

Well, we had a pretty disappointing week here. We found out that I did not get the job in Woodstock. It was given to someone who has worked there in the past. I knew that my chances of getting the job were pretty slim if someone applied that had worked there, but I was led to believe that no one fitting those criteria had applied. So nevertheless it was very disappointing since we had thought that we had an extremely good chance and we've had to spend the last month (since my interview) thinking about it and becoming more confident.

So now to the next steps. We have no idea what those might be. We currently have no other leads in the Christian schools, although we have a few more resumes out there. We're looking into the public school, but aren't really sure what area we should go for. Lots of people have suggested international teaching....so who knows?!?! We're trying to be optimistic but it's a tough and very stressful spot to be in! We're trying to trust, but at the same time can't sit around and wait for it, so we're doing what we can.
So please keep us in your prayers! And if you hear anything about job openings, fill us in!

1 comment:

Mad Boot said...

Steph... sorry to hear about not getting the job in Woodstock! Sometimes it seems to be all about previous connections, eh? Not fair! But anyway, now you know that God has another plan for you. It must be hard not knowing what that is, but I know he has one. I will keep praying for you both! Hope your April Fool's Day wasn't too stressful!