Steph didn't get the job she had wanted in Woodstock. Unfortunately, c'est la vie.
So we suffered for a little while, wondering what to do next, and in the meantime, just plugged away at our work.
Teaching grades 5 and 6 has stretched me and really pushed me to be a better teacher. My classroom management is good. But my ability to mark assignments quickly is absolutely non-existent. So, now I've got a full week and a half of marking to catch up on this weekend!
BUT I've got a season-ending hockey tournament I MUST go to. So marking is still going to take a back seat to life.
Okay, that's all boring stuff to write about. Here's something interesting!
Martin and Emily have bought a house.
Stevin and Katrina are moving away from Barrie.
And Steph and I are moving TO Barrie.
Steph recieved a phone call on Tuesday, asking for an interview on Wednesday, and was offered the job on Thursday! Ca c'est tres vite!
And then I had a job interview in London on Thursday afternoon... (which I'll have to reject in favour of going to Barrie next year).
It's funny how, just when you lose hope, God picks you up and sets you on your feet again!
So Steph will be teaching a grade 7 class at Timothy Christian School next year!
4 comments:
Congrats Steph!!!! Won't the children be surprised to have Mrs. Geertsema back; but not really!
wow, that is great news, love to hear more! So we need to make trips to Barrie still! very funny stuff
Emily
All I have to say is: YAY!!!!
WOW! Off to the snow belt capital of Ontario. That's great news! Just another adventure for the Geertsema family. Well, if you need help moving. . ..:)
Post a Comment