Thursday, March 6, 2008

Summing up the last few weeks of school with one question...

The last question was worth 3 points.
That's it.
3 points.
A whole 3 points.
It was the last exam of my post-secondary career.
And it was worth 3 points.
The whole exam was worth 85 points.
The last question was worth 3 points.
I already knew that there was no way I could fail this course.
Failing was an impossibility.
I already knew that I had provided an answer for 82 out of 85 of the possible marks.
So there was no reason for me to even bother with the last question.
I almost wrote, "WHO CARES!"
I certainly didn't care.
But wait, that's three points...
If I write "Who cares?" he's going to think I really don't care.
Can he go back and change marks on the rest of the exam because I really don't care?
Will this "Who cares?" reflect poorly on my character?
I think I'd better write something.
I don't Want to write anything.
But I'll write something anyways.
Just so I get the marks.
It'll look good if I do.
Hence, the last thing I'll have learned in Teacher's College is not to make the last question worth only 3 marks.
It's insulting.

1 comment:

Hemmo said...

Happy New Year from Hemmo and Stephanie Geertsema in The Netherlands, city Rheden