Okay, STOP.
Yes, I'm a male - I thought that might be obvious by my name being Mr. David Geertsema.
Secondly - Boys don't like to dance, what makes anyone think that MEN like to dance?
Alright, I admit, I have ventured onto the dance floor before. Most of the time it was in pursuit of a girl. Men like me don't like to get on a dance floor unless there is a girl involved. That's the honest truth. Boys in Grade 5... don't like girls...! Am I right Devin? Brent? Okay, they might like girls a little bit. Plus, pairing up girls and boys is a bad idea. I guess sometimes teachers just ask for trouble.
Then there's the issue of the fact that I don't know HOW to dance... ! Yes, I skipped "the fundamentals of dance" class in College on account of the fact that dancing is not a Masculine thing - no matter what Antonio Banderas says in his dance-a-thon movie. There's a reason Grade 5 boys, and all other men for that matter don't like dance... because it makes them feel like girls. "Man, I feel like a woman" just doesn't make men go yippee.
So I'm forced to learn to dance, for the sake of the children. I figure its about moving to the beat of the music (thank-you dance dance revolution)(which is really just line-dancing, not real dancing). So I'll bob my head to the music.
Actually, everything I know about dance I've really learned from tv and the movies. (why shouldn't that be enough?).
So I'll throw the dice - that's a dance move. (shake your hand, shake your hand, throw the dice...). That should get me through one day.
Then there's the grocery cart (I actually learned this one from a girl... take something off the shelf, put it in the cart... and repeat). That's day two.
Then there's headbanging (but that causes damage to your head and neck. Although long hair seems to be popular among children). So that's like 5 minutes before someone complains that their neck hurts.
I think there was a dance move called the Type-writer? Does anyone know this move?
Or the snorkel (plug your nose and raise your arm in the air)?
Alright. Can someone please tell me some more dance moves?
I need to get back to studying for exams (only 2 left!)....
2 comments:
Maybe you'd better talk to your dad....I seem to recall him being in my ballroom dancing class....!!
p.s. how did the interview go Stephanie?
Assuming you're talking about my sons...
First of all they're only in grade 3 (please don't rush the years...) but I did ask them for you if they like girls. Their response; "No, because you told us we weren't allowed to date until we're ready to get married" Score one for mom and her "I kissed dating goodbye" philosophy (although I've yet to read the book)
They have, however, been know to do a significant amount of break-dancing on our kitchen floor, and, after seeing Natalie McMaster, doing the jig with Celtic music blaring in the background has also become quite popular. Anything that doesn't require physical contact. (another home school bonus I suppose!)
I believe Uncle Mark was also in the ballroom dancing class Gwen talked about...but he was certainly well past the grade 5 mark, and actively looking for women.
Shannon (not one to be left out of a conversation) says she'll teach you how to spin on one foot!
Good luck with that!
Post a Comment