Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring is on its way!

Ahhh, the long awaited March Break is here! Nevermind that I have more work to do than I can shake a stick at, it's just nice to be off and relaxed! And I'm loving how it's been warmer outside this week, I cannot wait for spring! A couple weeks ago I suddenly decided that I'm sick of all this snow and coldness! So as the thermometer rises and the snow is melting and the birds are singing, I'm starting to get really excited!

Life here is just as crazy as always, we're still on the job hunt. I'm taking consolation in the fact that most school are on March Break and that's why we haven't gotten any phone calls! It's really hard playing the waiting the game! I've had one interview in Woodstock and we are really praying that I get this one! It's a very stable school and I know a lot of people there, it would just be great! But they're not making a decision until the beginning of April, which is really hard to take when I had my interview on March 3rd. But they have a 2-week March Break (another fabulous reason to get a job there!) so I just have to be patient.

Dave just started placement #2 yesterday. It's a 5/6 split with a teacher who has thrown him right into teaching. He came home yesterday and said that she told him he had to teach three classes on his second day and threw a bunch of textbooks at him! I suspect it has something to do with her report cards being due soon, so she's thinking she can get some quality work time in! But we spent a good couple hours last night trying to plan his lessons. He's supposed to teach division, but none of the textbooks she gave him have a unit on division. So we made something up for today (it turns out I'm now more useful than just for making supper, since I have some resources!) and he's going to have to talk to her about it to get an idea of where he's supposed to go with it.

Anyways, that's all that's going on here....I guess I should get some work done! I mean it's already lunch time and I haven't done anything! Oh how I love March Break!

No comments: