We managed to fit lots of things into our short trip. After being up a full 24 hours, we made it to Lake Louise around 3am Alberta time (5am Ontario time) on Friday morning. So we slept a little (which pretty much sums up all our sleeping over the weekend!) and then went exploring around Lake Louise. Michael was a great tour guide and filled us in on the grounds and showed us around the hotel. Then Friday night we went to Banff, toured around a little, bought the guys some sunglasses (to replace the goggles they didn't have for Saturday's adventures) and had dinner. We checked out the hot springs, but when we saw it was just a huge pool and we were quite tired we decided to head home.
Saturday the guys went snowboarding. They survived although came back quite sore! Emily and I had to put up with a lot of complaining that night! They had lots of fun (and falls from what I hear!). Emily and I went cross country skiing. After a bad start (a big hill, lots of falling, a faceplant and bloody nose--that was Emily) we made our way to a flatter terrain, the lake. We skiied across the lake to a frozen waterfall. We had fun and a workout too! Saturday night we made dinner, sat in the hot tub at the hotel and played a game of Ticket to Ride Europe (during which I fully admit that I was very tired, mean and grumpy! It had been a long few days!)
On our way to the airport on Sunday we stopped in Banff again, checked out a cave and natural hot spring and did some shopping. Then we spent the remainder of the day at the airport trying to get on a flight home. After not making it on the 4th flight of the afternoon I had to call my principal to let him know that I was stuck in Calgary and wasn't going to make it in the next day. That didn't go over so well and I'm still dealing with the consequences for that one, but it was all part of the adventure, right Martin?! After not getting on 5 flights we got a hotel for the night and returned to the airport at 5:30 on Monday morning and finally started our trek home.
It was a great weekend! And although tiring and crazy I would definitely do it again! We'll post some pictures soon (dial-up poses a problem when loading pictures!) and my captions will be nicer than Martin's (although he better watch out, revenge is great!....I liked that picture, but not anymore!)
2 comments:
Martin can be brutal! lol, Nice write up, my neck, not just a pulled muscle, it is actually whip lash and has gotten a lot worse! So I am getting treated at work and icing it...very painful...stupid hill :(
Sounds like a fun but tiring time! Too bad about Emily though.
Isn't the scenery great out there though! I'd love to go camping there again in the summertime...
Hope the principal doesn't make life too hard for you!
Post a Comment