I have to do a presentation today. Out of two choices, (1) a university level seminar; or (2) tell a Bible story, I chose to tell a Bible Story. Sounds easy enough, right?
Wrong!
I have to use drama and props and stuff. I have to get 'into' the story... Which is fine and dandy if you've ever taken a drama course in your life, or if you're good at being dramatic.
But I'm not!
I have a dry, sensible wit about me, that hasn't included wearing costumes or voice modulation since I was eight years old playing G.I.Joe and Cowboys and Indians.
So I don't know what I was thinking.
I decided to do the story of Saul's Conversion. With a background story that involves the stoning of Stephen. In these stories, both Stephen and Paul fall to the ground at some point in the story...
Now you tell me... Is it appropriate for a teacher, telling a Bible story, to fall to the ground in dramatic fashion in a grade Eight Bible lesson?
I don't. and I won't. I'm sacrificing my grade for my dignity!
2 comments:
at the point of stoning you can take on the role of the "stoner" instead of the "stonie" - playing a roll of someone who is stoned can sometimes be fun though...
steve
Sounds like you've got a bit of a situation there! Act with emotion? What were you thinking?!?!
Remember: there's more dignity in getting the message across than there is in trying to look 'cool' when you tell it! :)
Post a Comment