Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to school... Back to school...

So it's been a while since I've had to be in school. Can't say that I relished the idea of heading back when there's still golf to be played, and baseball season ain't over yet, and the basement still has (very hated) wallpaper on it yet.
But anyways.
Last week Friday morning I wasn't expecting any calls from the school board, but just to be sure, I had kept my cell phone beside the bed "Just in case". But I really didn't expect any calls.

Sure enough, at 6:07 am (when I'm getting my best sleep, you know) the cell phone lit up with my 'construction' ringtone (BEEP.... BEEP.... BEEP....)(but not like a truck backing up kindof beep ~ it's more of an annoying high pitched beep).

As I said, I wasn't expecting the phone call.
So after fumbling in the dark for the phone, and not finding it where I had left it, and consequently prolonging the agony of beeping, I finally found it, tried to open it up and somehow hanged up.
So I didn't get the call.

Now this morning, sure enough, at 6:07 am, the phone lit up again. (but this time I was prepared) I opened up the phone, and realized that a cell phone's small buttons are really hard to operate in the dark at 6:07 am.

But don't worry. I managed.

So I went to school today.
High School.
First class - Grade 12 English. (I made up stuff about Shakespeare and they ate it up...)(just kidding).
Second class - break.
Third class - baking chocolate chip cookies in home ec. !
Fourth class - annoying grade 10 boys doing seat work and not working quietly.
Fifth class - break again.

And now I'm home again.
Altogether ~ a successful and good first day back at school.

Now I've got to do something about my ringtone.

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

any day's got to be successful when you get to bake chocolate chip cookies at school!!