Friday, May 8, 2009

Ahhhh...Personal Days!

Well the countdown is on (it has been for several weeks already, but oh well): 6 weeks. We're getting awfully close to the end and this year has really flown by. But even being so close, I was definitely feeling the need for an "anti-stress/catch-up day," so I called in a personal day! How nice to be a school where they don't question the use of the personal days our contract gives us (even when we get stuck in Calgary for an extra day!). And the interesting part of this personal day is that Dave went in as me today, so I think I'm still being represented! I'm sure my kids will love it, they've been in awe at all of his "artwork" around my classroom all year! I bet he'll be asked to draw more than a few things for them! But it's been really nice to be at home for the day! My house is clean, the summer clothes are out, groceries, and I'm just taking a short break from all my marking! I feel so productive! So I guess I should get back to my marking, because if I stop for too long when I'm on a roll; it doesn't get done! Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful spring weather!

1 comment:

Emily and Martin said...

Steph, I am so glad you could take a personal day. Having a productive day at home, nothing lke it!! Very cool David taught your class...
Take care you two
Emily