Thursday, November 27, 2008

Occupied




Well, here are some of the things that have been occupying our time 'lately'...
1) Snow, Snow and more Snow. I'm glad that I've got this handy-dandy old fashioned and yet still very practical snow shovel. It's great for moving large quantities of snow. Pay close attention to the nice slope on those snow banks (which are on both sides of the driveway...). Those slopes are important for a snow shovel like this one because you need to get the snow shovel to slide up and over the snow bank. Now, what I'm thinking is that if things go well this year, maybe I can get those snow banks high enough so that I can make my own half-pipe out of the driveway? Martin and Michael would probably agree that I need help on my snowboarding skills...


2) Last year, Steph made a big stink about how I was a "Scrooge" at Christmas time - especially when it came to setting up the tree. I didn't think I was a scrooge, necessarily, but I remember not wanting to set up the Christmas tree last year. Well, this year I decided that since I didn't have to go to work (today), I would get a head start and show Steph that I'm looking forward to Christmas. The result of two and a half hours of intense labour is pictured below.


3) Also pictured below is our book shelf. What you see is part of the book collection Steph and I have. These are our adult and children's novels, which have also occupied a lot of our time. Presently Steph is reading "Inkdeath" (the third novel in a children's series of which the first novel has been made into a movie "Inkheart" -- coming soon to a theatre near you...). I just finished "The Diamond of Darkhold" - the fourth book in the City of Ember series (which was also made into a movie recently - which Steph and I saw, and hated)(hopefully Hollywood doesn't wreck Inkheart, too!)

4) Last but not least.... No, don't look at the Maclean's magazine... Look at what's on top of the magazine... Yep, that three/four inch long, piece of metal. Shaped into a crescent. It is about 2 mm's thick. Hard, like steel. It is wide on right side (about 3/4 inch), and thinner on the left side (about 1/2 inch). The side that is thinner is also somewhat shiny. Glossy even. Because that side punctured the front passenger side tire on our Oldsmobile, recently. The result? $600 down the tube just for new tires. (yes, we needed new tires anyways... but still...). This just happened to have happened AFTER I had just been to the car shop to figure out why almost the entire warning instrument panel was lit up like Christmas time on the dashboard. More $ still needs to be spent on that car... Thank-you little piece of metal for making it that much worse.

No comments: