October 31st and I got a call to supply teach for the day. I expected chaos. But actually, grade five is one of the easiest classes to supply for. An assembly in the morning. Recess. Watching skits by masked hooligans (drama). Gym (capture the flag). Recess. And then my very first, grade school halloween dance ever (I became the 'reverse' bouncer - letting kids leave the gym one at a time to go to the washroom...). I bet that supply teaching on Monday might be a 'bit' worse. We'll see.
Anyways, after some debate, Steph and I stocked up on candy for Halloween. We didn't know what to expect but we expected more than what we got. We figured that since our house was on a direct route to the neighbourhood school, and since we see just about 80 kids walk by our house everyday -- we could bet on maybe 100 kids showing up to our door. We meant to ask our neighbours what we could expect, but kept forgetting whenever we saw them. So we bought three boxes of candy.
We only had (maybe?) 50 kids (25 of whom hardly qualify as kids) come to our door.
Now we have a ton of candy that we don't want or need. Anybody wanna come over and eat it for us?
No comments:
Post a Comment