Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fall/Winter Update

After a long sabbatical, I've started to pick up my guitar more often again. Recently, I've been enjoying the music of artists like Jon Foreman (lead singer of Switchfoot), and Derrick Webb (from Caedmon's Call), David Gray, and as always Jonny Lang. These musical artists employ that raw feeling that isn't all studio sound, but just them and their instruments. Which I like, and try to emulate, but really can't come close to immitating. I'll always recommend listening to these artists if you get the chance (even if it is just once, and you turn it off halfway through).
With not much else going on (I'm busy trying to prep the garage for painting, and Steph is getting her marks together for report cards), I thought I'd put up these two pictures of Steph and I in Sunnidale Park from this fall. The 'door' in the background of the picture below always reminds me of the book "The Secret Garden" for some reason. Even if I don't remember anything about the book but the 'feel' of it in my head... (That's a literacy plug for those of you who are interested in a good book - Steph and I have become such literacy dweebs lately, it's not funny)(and my grammar stinks.)




1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Music and Literature sound like a great combination to me! Mom