We don't actually know if anyone bothers with our 'recommended reading' lists on the side panel of our blog here. Nevertheless, Steph has found a Christian series of adventure novels she really liked and told me to read, and now I guess I'm saying that it's worth a read if you think you want something to read.
The "Dragonkeeper Series" by Donnita K. Paul has a total of 5 stories and is probably in the reading range of grades 6/7 and up. So... really, it's children's literature. Which is fun stuff really.
Now... I'd probably have to recommend reading the first novel first. But I don't know what the first novel is like yet, because Steph told me the second novel was the first novel. So I really can't say that the first novel is good, because I've only read the second one. But the second one was good. And I believe I've gathered most of the information I needed about the first novel by reading the second novel. If you feel that you would rather save money but still understand what the series is about, perhaps you could skip to the third or fourth novel in the series. But then you would miss a bit of the earlier 'backstory'. If you're really short on time. I suppose you could just skip to the fifth novel. But then you would beat me to the punch, because I haven't read the fifth novel. Only the second novel.
2 comments:
Long story short? :)Mom
Interesting. You could also read the last novel first and the first novel last and the whole story would have the added dimention of catching up on the whos, whats and whys of the storyline. but that might prove to be confusing as the first is first for a reason, and that is not to be the last, but maybe it is, being a christian novel and all. We may have just stumbled on something here....
Post a Comment