I didn't want to admit it earlier, but after talking it over with Steph, I thought maybe I could.
When Naomi asked me to put her to bed, which involved reading a story (or two), and then singing a song - I couldn't think of any children's songs to sing!
Adding insult to injury, the only song I could think of on the spot was "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star". But after starting the song, I suddenly realized that I hadn't sung that song in soooo long that I couldn't remember all the words to it!
I felt like a really bad uncle.
Her second song (her request) I had no clue about, and had to go consult with Katrina to figure out.
So for a while I've felt a little sheepish, until tonight, when I was talking to Steph about "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
She laughed at me. Then started singing it. And got the words messed up too!
Now I don't feel so sheepish.
3 comments:
guess you'll have to invest in some children's cd's, or better yet - guitar music for kids's songs! - for next time! Imagine the response the uncle will get from his nieces with a guitar to sing along with. . . .
You guys crack me up!
We've got lots of CD's you can borrow...
Post a Comment