Monday, August 18, 2008

L'eau

Every once in a while, a day comes along where you just get to do what YOU want to do.
Today was one of those days for me. (David). I had a day off from work. I could have done some work on the house, but an email from an old friend from college stopped any work from being done.
Instead I went golfing! And had a fine day enjoying a battle of the balls. The front nine, I lost. Quite horribly. But on the back nine I cleaned up until a snowman tragically stomped all over my score on the 18th hole. Until that snowman came, I was doing quite well. On the back nine.
Then I came home, and could have started working on the house.
But any work that could have been done, was ended before it began by the heat. A car without air conditioning makes a man think of the beach. And that's what I thought about.
So I came back into the house and said,
"Honey, put on your swimming suit, we're going to the beach!" Or something like that.
But first we had to walk through the mall. (to get to the licence bureau) I wasn't fully expecting to have to walk through the entire mall. In my bathing trunks. But I did. I felt a little sheepish. Especially with my wallet in my trunks. But that was over soon enough, and so Steph and I made our way up to Wasaga Beach.
That was quite lovely.
The sun had quite dissappeared by 5 o'clock. Rain clouds were brewing.
But I said, "We had better just get our feet wet."
And so we did.
And then steph got hit by a big wave and said that the water wasn't cold at all.
And she splashed me.
So then I got hit by a big wave. The kind that makes a man shiver. And so I got into the water.
When we were both in the water, we found that we liked it. And so we stayed in the water for a good while until we decided that really we didn't like being in the water so much anymore, and so we got out of the water.
Our bathing suits were wet, and so we walked up the beach a bit.
Until Steph said, "We had better turn around"
So we did.
And we got back into the car, got changed. That was weird. (especially with some guy getting into his truck next to us).
And then we left Wasaga Beach.
Really, it was a good day. I would like to repeat it, but I have to work tomorrow.
Why? Oh why?

2 comments:

Emily and Martin said...

Enjoy the spontanious (sp?) life while you can! Next thing you know you have kids and even a trip to the beach requires planning! Not that I know that personally, but we just got back from the beach with friends of ours who have 4, and I'm pretty sure any trip past the end of the driveway requires planning!

Nicole said...

This one made me laugh! Especially the part about changing in the car, and the part about the swim shorts in the mall...good stuff!