As you've heard, Steph and I went to see Abba's "Momma Mia!" musical on Hamilton's Broadway. Before we went to this musical, Steph insisted on buying their Gold (Greatest Hits) album so that she could learn the lyrics. I think we were both scared that we would be the only ones in the theatre who didn't know the words to any song other than 'Momma Mia'. We had been told that everyone gets up and dances in the aisles and sings along to every song... That's a scary thought for good Christian Reformed kids like us. So we bought the cd, downloaded it onto our computer playlist and have been listening and getting to know them.
Remember... this is Abba... I'm listening to ABBA (that first B should be reversed...)
Remember... this is Abba... I'm listening to ABBA (that first B should be reversed...)
Anyways, Steph and I got to talking about what band would make a great musical from our generation. I mean, there's Abba's "Momma Mia," and Queen's "Killer Queen" or something like that. So what would make a great musical from our generation?
We think Aqua would fit the bill. Maybe a Candyman version of "The Nutcracker Suite". And the main character could call out to Barbiegirl, "Come with me honey, I'm your sweet sugar, candyman"
No comments:
Post a Comment