Okay, so I am again WAY past due for a blog post.....Our summer was great! July was fairly slow. Dave built us a beautiful deck and the girls and I went to VBS. August on the other hand was super busy--but awesome! We managed to pack the month full of fun memories, including:
~Geertsema camping: Anneke had an awesome time playing with all of her cousins--she's still talking about it!
~VandenDool cottage: With not so many cousins to play with, Anneke loved boat rides with anyone who would take her, and swimming in the small kiddie pool when we weren't at the beach. Kaelyn loved playing with Abigail!
~Camping with the Smith's: Although cool, we had an awesome time together, exploring the park and having nice warm campfires!
~Hamilton for a weekend of a wedding and family gathering: Anneke had a great time with Aunt Judy and Beppe while we were at a wedding, and then we all had an awesome day poolside with the other side of the family the next day!
~Finally we wanted to do something together with just our family of four, but had trouble finding something that would be fun, but not super expensive. We settled on visiting Centre Island, where neither of us had ever been. It's so cool! We would definitely recommend it! Anneke loved the rides, and we loved exploring the park while the girls napped in the stroller. And taking the ferry was also a fun experience! This is definitely something we plan on doing again, although finding a cheaper place to park will be high on our list!
So since I've already posted a bunch of pictures on facebook from our summer, I'll just finish with some from Centre Island. Enjoy!















2 comments:
I remember going to Centre Island when we were kids. Everything looks the same. My favourite was the Scrambler, but I'm sure you didn't bring the girls on that.
Great pictures. I too remember Centre Island: I loved the cars (I thought I was really driving them!)
Post a Comment