Tuesday, September 24, 2013

September

We are getting back into the swing of things around here.  I thought that it was about time for an update on everyone!
Dave has returned to work and things are off to a good start there.  He has a class of 24, which is a great size and he doesn't have a crazy amount of technology stuff to start off the year like he did last year, which is super nice!
I'm still loving mat. leave and am returning to work at the beginning of November.  I will be going back part-time, which is a huge change for me, but a good one for our family for now.  I'll still be teaching French, but will only be in 3 days/week.  I'm also in the process of registering for my Special Education Specialist, which will involve course work for October-December.  It will make things super busy again, but it'll be good to get it over with!
Anneke is learning so much!  She's talking in complete sentences and knows so many things.  She has an amazing memory, remembering even the smallest details.  We've been starting to do some preschool stuff, like letters, colours, shapes, and mazes among other things.  She already knows so much and she never ceases to amaze me because a lot of these things we've never deliberately taught her.  Potty training has had its successful days and those that are far from it, which is frustrating for me and her.  But we're hoping to be more successful than not before I go back to work.  She's been having a great time playing with friends lately.  It seems that over the summer she's grown up a bit more and now is willing to play with them rather than stay close by me all the time.
Kaelyn is also getting so big!  She's crawling around on all fours, pulling herself up on everything, and walking around furniture.  The last few weeks she's really moved into the "mess-making"stage--she gets into absolutely everything and leaves a trail of things behind her.  She's really starting to interact with Anneke more now, crawling around after her and laughing at her antics.  They love each other!  It so fun seeing them interact and play together!
Here are a couple of pictures from September so far!








No comments: