Wednesday, April 27, 2011

7 Month Update

Wow!  Anneke is seven months and it's the end of April!  Time is flying too quickly--although I am glad that it's starting to feel more "spring-like" so we can get outside a bit more. 

We have been busy here, as usual.  Dave is quite busy with school, but enjoying it.  It's been difficult filling in for someone else and starting partway through the year because you're never quite sure what's going on, so I think he's excited to be starting in his own classroom and new school in September.  Which brings us to our exciting news, although I'm sure most of you know already, that Dave accepted a permanent contract job at Holland Marsh District Christian School starting in September.  They seem very excited to have him, and although the drive is a bit farther than we'd like, we're excited that he has a full-time, permanent job! 

I, on the other hand, don't seem to be too busy and yet I am.  Every day flies by.  Sometimes I feel like I have accomplished something and other times I don't and I think that's okay.  I am registered to take a course online in May and June so that'll keep me hopping. 

Anneke is growing like crazy!  I can't believe how much she's learned in seven months!  In the last month so many new things have started.  She's becoming more stable when she's sitting--she's a bit too curious, though, and falls over because she wants to see or get something that's just out of sight or reach.  When she's on her tummy she tries to move herself forward, so I think once she gets the hang of getting her knees under her she'll be gone and there will be no stopping her!  She's started eating vegetables.  She loves sweet potatoes, but the green vegetables (peas and beans) are not going so well.  Today we tried beans and she gagged so much she threw up, so we'll have to work on those!  But she's still super happy and smiley which we love!  On the more negative side, she doesn't like to nap and takes a 1/2 hour nap in the morning and a 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon, which isn't quite enough time for me or her.  And the last few weeks she's started playing strange with other people and I've been called to the nursery the last 3 times she's been there--so I'm really hoping this will be a short phase!  But we love her to bits and she brings so much joy to our family!

Here are a few new pictures:

 Playing Daddy's guitar

 Today she "found" the patio window.....very interesting!

3 comments:

Boeffie, Mei Mei, Gwenda and Laurisse said...

Congratulations Dave! Nice to have something permanent.
Best wishes on the course Steph...always exciting to learn something new.
Anneke...my you have grown! You look like you are going to be tall.
We love you all!

Emily and Martin said...

Anneke seems to know what she wants to do and that is that....strong willed maybe?? reminds me someone she is very attached to?!
Glad all is well overall though.
Emily

RJ said...

Love the new pictures! It was so neat to see you three over the weekend even though I have to admit Anneke took most of"my" attention. I have to make up the short while we see you !!!!We are thrilled that Dave has a permanent job to look forward to in September!We wish him God's blessings, and steph with the course she will be taking next month. Cuddle Anneke for us! Love you all,