Saturday night, and Sunday morning, I couldn't get over how moved I felt, when we realized that our baby was on the way.
So it was an emotional day.
Although, I hardly slept the night before today.
I had gone golfing on Saturday in the Unity Christian High School golf tournament. I'd had a great day, and even won the door prize to get to play another round of golf! I thought that was pretty good.
When I went home, Steph and I researched a new cell phone plan, watched a movie, went for a walk around the block.
And then Steph mentioned a headache.
But we were in bed already. So we went to sleep.
Only to get up again 45 minutes later, and make our way to the hospital, 'cause Steph's headache was getting worse.
SO, at the hospital, Steph was given some meds for her headache, told that she'd probably be induced in the morning, and we tried to sleep through the night. I didn't sleep more than an hour or two, that I can tell. They gave me a recliner that squeaked. A lot. Try gettting to sleep when you're worried about your pregnant wife, who's told she'll be delivering next day, and when you're sitting in a squeaky chair, when she needs her sleep to have strength for the next day... (It was uncomfortable!).
Anyways, without anymore gory details... Steph was induced at 8 in the morning. Went through a number of stages of delivery. Ended up with an epidural, because her blood pressure was sky rocketing (like 180 over 115 and higher). With the epidural, her blood pressure dropped. She relaxed. Anneke Leigh came out relatively quickly after that!
Anneke Leigh, was born relatively close to 6 pm, Sunday, Sept. 26, weighing in at 7 lbs. 12 ounces.
She's named after her Oma (MaryANN) and Grandma (ShirLEY).
Anneke means "Gracious". Leigh means "Meadow"
And after holding Anneke for two hours while her Mom had some well deserved sleep. I have to say it was hard to put her down in her bassinette. (mostly 'cause I was scared she'd wake up and cry if I stopped walking in circles with her....!) (But also because she is absolutely beautiful and very precious!)
6 comments:
gorgeous, gorgeous!
and it looks like you didn't get much sleep Sunday night either!
How cute she looks! We can't wait to meet her!
From her big cousins, Naomi, Petra and Rachel
Absolutely beautiful!
She's gorgeous...as we knew she would be with such beautiful parents!
Congratulations! Can't wait to meet her!
Gwenda, Laurisse, Hadiya & Josina
Congrats! What a cutie. Kurt, Jude and I can't wait to come and meet Anneke.
She is sooo cute! we can't wait to cuddle her!!
Lots of love
the Geertsema's out east
Post a Comment