Thursday, July 29, 2010

Baby Update

So we're at 29 weeks + 1 day today.  That means 11 weeks to go!  Sometimes this seems like a long time and sometimes and incredibly short time!  Anyways, we had a midwife appointment this morning and she said everything is going really well, for which we are very thankful!  Today's heartrate was 140 and she was able to find it immediately (the last time it took a while because the baby was moving too much!!).  Speaking of moving, this baby is extremely active--I have been getting kicked/elbowed/whatever else A LOT!  It's almost constantly moving--some people tell me they work out their sleep patterns in the womb, well this baby has 11 weeks to figure it out because at this point I'm not sure it sleeps much!

In terms of getting ready for the baby, we have the nursery assembled and sort of cleaned out.  I'm working on quilting some things for the walls--they're quilt squares with bees on them and different sayings like: "I beelieve in family"....And I'm hoping that by the end of August we'll have all the basics we need in place so that I don't have to worry about it when I go back to school in September.

So 11 (or less--wishful thinking) weeks to go.  11 (or less) weeks to get everything ready.  And 11 (or less weeks for us to agree on a boy's name(--not sure how this one will happen!)  CRAZY!