Sunday, July 19, 2009

YAR! Me Sailin' Ship Just Arrived! (or, Boats That Float, and/or, She Be Me Whiskey Lass)

Saturday, we visited downtown Halifax and toured the waterfront. Here's Steph in the Farmer's Market, which is also located beneath Alexander Keith's Halifax Brewery. We were going to do the tour of the brewery, but it costs $15! - they give you two drinks - but Steph doesn't even like beer (I'll tell you what she DOES like later...) - and really, how fast do you have to drink those two drinks on this tour? Two drinks in an hour and Steph'd be a little tipsy as we toured downtown...

The Tall Ships Festival is this weekend in Halifax, on the waterfront. So we got a few looks at the ships. This one is from Winkel, Holland.
This next one is the HMS Bounty (I've been on it before - I think in Brockville), It has appeared in such Moving Pictures like "Mutiny on the Bounty" (Marlon Brando) and also "Pirates of the Caribbean II and III. I'll have to watch the movies again, just to find the ship...

Yar, and this be me pride and joy. Built her meself with me own two hands, and she be the fastest ocean going vessel the far side of 1938.
Okay, I wish.
But this is the Bluenose II.
And, I guess this guy is always parked here. But we took a picture anyway.

So the waterfront was nice.
Also along the waterfront was a store we happened into called Rumrunner's. They sell three kinds of cake - Chocolate Rum Cake, Original Rum Cake, and a Whiskey Cake.
Guessed which one Steph liked the most? - the Whiskey Cake.
Which shouldn't be surprising because she loves Cherry Whiskey too.
So I guess that now I can call her 'My Little Whiskey Girl' (reference to a Toby Keith Song)...

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Be sure to take your whiskey lass to the Glenora Inn and Distillery in Glenville, when you go to Cape Breton!