Well it has most definitely been a whirlwind of a week!
It's hard to believe, but last week was my last week of work. And while I didn't quite make it to the end, I made it much further than I did when I was pregnant with Anneke! Friday was supposed to be my last day of work, but someone else had other plans! So needless to say I didn't get done all the things I planned to around the house before the baby came!
Friday was a pretty crazy day. The midwives recommended I not go to work since, even though they weren't convinced it was the real deal, I hadn't slept much the night before. Dave still went in, but I called him at 11:30 and told him that he needed to come home. Luckily he left right away because things progressed really quickly. We made it to the hospital for 1:00 and Kaelyn was born at 1:52! She was 7lbs 10 oz and 20.5 inches long (almost the same as Anneke who was 7lb 12 oz and 21 inches long). We were home by noon on Saturday and since then we've just been trying to figure out a new routine and adjust to having our new little girl!
Overall everything is going well. Anneke loves her new baby! Every time she hears Kaelyn make a noise she says "Happy!", we're not sure if she thinks that Kaelyn is always happy or if she wants Kaelyn to be happy all the time....but it's cute! Anneke likes to hold her and makes sure that Kaelyn has all the things she needs (her blanket, elephant, hat, etc.).
So here begins our adventure with two little girls! Here are some pictures of Kaelyn, enjoy!
2 comments:
We are so excited about Kaelyn Stephanie. We are so thankful that everything went well. You have a beautiful family!! We Love you all Lots. Anneke will love her lots too, maybe not always but that will pass.
So happy to have Kaelyn join the family! Can't wait to meet her.
Post a Comment