We have almost survived our first "both of us being teachers and writing report cards" season. By almost I mean--I'm done, Dave's not. So a few more days and hopefully life will be back to "normal". We've already declared next weekend as a "no-schoolwork-allowed" weekend. Hopefully we can get some of our Christmas stuff up!
Anneke, on the other hand is doing great! She is growing so much and learning so much, it's really unbelievable! She's totally catching onto things we do and wanting to do them too. And I have to raise the bar with my cooking efforts now because she wants to eat everything we eat. So that means trying to get supper ready and Anneke-appropriate quickly so she can eat with us. A couple of the latest things:
~She's learning to say "please" in sign language
~She loves her stuffed animals and is almost always carrying one around
~She's been playing with her cars and making car noises as she drives them around
~She says "woof, woof" when she hears a dog
~She's got hilarious new sounds effects (I'll have to try and post a video later this week when I have time to let it load....)
~She still loves reading her books and watching Baby Einstein/Praise Baby movies (we've also tried a Veggie Tales or two....)
~She can climb the stairs on her own and get back down
~She's practically running everywhere--yesterday she walked all the way around the block!
~She's learned to "talk" on the phone and everything is a phone, including the calculator! And after she babbles for a minute on the phone she does this hilarious little click of her tongue. It's priceless!
~And she's growing like a weed! I had to wash the 24-month clothes this week!
Enjoy a few pictures (we haven't been very diligent with the picture taking lately...)
3 comments:
wow, so much learning and growing!!! So great! We certainly miss you Anneke.
Lots of love
Aunt Emily, Uncle Martin, Maria and Nicole
Anneke is just priceless!!! She is a smart little girl and we LOVE her so much!!! It is so cute to see her on the phone. She really does watch everything you do and catches on very quickly. Lots of hugs and kisses
Such a fun age! Looking forward to seeing her at Christmas!
Post a Comment