February is over. My goodness, how time flies! Although I feel like I haven't really done anything this month, I feel like I've been super busy and not busy at the same time, really weird! Being stuck in the house gets to me some days, although the days seem to go quickly it'll be nice when it warms up so we can go outside a bit more regularly. I have been making it to coffee break thanks to my awesome friend, Janelle, which is a super nice break! And this week we also went to story hour at the library--I think Anneke liked it, she just kept looking around and taking it all in!
Dave has been SUPER busy this month. He had a 3-day class trip and report cards all within the same week, so Anneke and I spent some time at Grandma and Grandpa's! But now that's all done and March Break is on the horizon. He's still trying to get days with the public school board, which is proving to be quite challenging in terms of planning and then getting calls for the days he's planned for.....but we'll keep at it and hopefully have them all by the end of the year! He is enjoying his teaching job, though, which is great! It is fun to have your own class and to see the rewards and follow through with the kids every day. And they all seem to like him (and me because I made them cupcakes for Valentine's day! Men: Dave didn't plan to do anything for them--or me for that matter!)
And Anneke is growing and learning new things like crazy! She turned 5 months yesterday and it's amazing to see what they can do from one month to the next. This month she's become more coordinated with grabbing the things she wants and getting them into her mouth. She loves faces and grabbing onto people's faces--and when she does she'll talk and coo to you, it's so cute! She absolutely loves the jolly jumper and the exersaucer! It's a whole new world! And yesterday she started rolling onto her tummy--she did it once yesterday and tons of times today! It'll be great when she learns to reverse it so that I don't have to go rescue her when she gets sick of her stomach! But I guess this means no more leaving her places she could roll off of! We love her so much and can't believe how much she's changed since she was born--amazing!
Anyways, enjoy some pics from the last few days!
We ordered some cute hats and booties from someone we went to RUC with--I'll have to post pictures of the other hat and booties, but they're so cute!
Rolling over today!
Sitting with daddy and "eating" her new Sophie Giraffe, which she loves!
Faces.....
3 comments:
Anneke is growing fast and learning so many things that she is able to do. It is so awesome and amazing what they learn the first year. She is a little miracle from God and we are so thankful for her and her parents. We LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! Thanks for the blogs and pictures you share with us all.
Just amazing! She did it ! Roll over that is. It is so much fun to keep up to date. I just love the pictures too. And all three of you of course.
yah for Anneke and all that she is discovering!! we miss her terribly and her parents!
Excited to see the three of you soon!
Lots of Love
the Geertsemas out east
Post a Comment