It would have been fun to have had a camera last night, when Steph and I took Anneke to a Mall in Newmarket. But we didn't, so you'll just have to trust us that Anneke was pretty cute. Usually, she stays asleep in the stroller (Yes, this is our way of getting a little extra winter exercise), but this time she decided to be awake for a little while. Which is where we get to talk about how Anneke is developing a little bit. Lately, like in the pictures we put up a couple days ago, Anneke has been enjoying, more and more, being held in a vertical position so she looks over our shoulders. She used to do it, but not for long periods of time. Now, with her neck being stronger and stronger, she enjoys being held this way and lasts quite a while.
So I got to walk her around the mall with Anneke looking over my shoulder... And she was really quite entertained, looking at lights, and mannequins, and walls, and boots, and clothes.
Which worries me...!
I combine this with the fact that, from more than one person, compliments have been given on how fashion savvy Anneke seems to be (thank-you, to all you who have been given us clothing for Anneke!). Being fashionable isn't a bad thing to be, necessarily. But in combination with a mall-loving child....?
I'll probably be worrying about this for some time, or at least until I move her into the country, where plaid lumber-jack coats are fashionable.
2 comments:
Grandma is so glad that she enjoyed her shopping trip!!!!! Also that she is enjoyed all the things in the mall and the fashionable things(Ha Ha!) Grandma loves her lots. I giggled when I read your blog!
Funny! Interestingly, I had a conversation with someone this evening about fashion vs warmth and comfort. She had a farm not too long ago, and would have been content to continue living in plaid jackets, etc., if not for her current job in accounting! I agreed with her - I do NOT have fashionable boots! Well, Anneke, hope that common sense will prevail along with a sense of fashion!!!
Post a Comment