Ahhh, I've officially made it to the first extended break of the year. Today I'm really tired (had to take a nap right after school!), but I am so looking forward to a few weeks off! The thing I love about Christmas break, is of course spending time with family, but mostly that the time off helps me regroup and refresh. Always at the end of the two weeks I'm ready to go back, with lots of ambitious ideas (some get done and some don't) and a refreshed perspective.
Anyways, definitely looking forward to the next 14 days! First on the calender: Christmas Cantata. Yep, we decided to join the choir again. It's been lots of work, mostly in the form of being at practice one night a week, and a bit of stress for me, my solo is significantly more difficult this time around, but still a blessing to be a part of! If anyone's in the Barrie area on Sunday, come and check it out at 9:30 am!
On a totally different note: For those who don't know, Dave is quite the artist. He loves to draw and often comes up with very creative ideas for my bulletin boards! He is frequently "recruited" to help me when I start new units. So, when he was in one of his teaching placements he came across these really cool markers that you can use on the blackboard but don't erase with a regular chalkbrush. These are great for writing things that I don't want the kids to be able to take off the board easily!! At one point last year Dave thought it would be fun to draw a picture for my kids on my back blackboard. The kids loved it and it has now become a bit of a tradition! He changes the picture about once a month. The kids try and put in requests for what they want to see, but we often try to keep it "curriculum-based", for example last month he drew a space picture with all my french vocab on it. I always say we should take pictures of them because they're really cool, but I generally forget and then it gets erased and a new one put up. Well, this month I had my camera at school for something else so I can finally show you what he does. Here is the December 2009 picture:
So I hope everyone is having a great Christmas season! Merry Christmas!PS~Check out the pictures on our sidebar....I updated some of them!
2 comments:
Very cool! Enjoy your rest.
Very nice David! Thanks for all the help you give Steph!!!!!
Post a Comment