Today I had the privalege of seeing a game get played that I have not seen played in many, many years. And it 'totally' brought me back to grade eight again.
I was supply teaching, and the last 'period' of the day is a DPA (daily physical activity) break. So the students are brought outside and they get to walk around and play wallball and all kinds of fun stuff that they don't do unless a teacher is watching.
Today the students chose to play Red Rover. Actually, the girls decided to, and the boys joined once they lost their tennis ball to the gymnasium roof (aah... grade eight...)(remember those vents at OCS that would have like 15 tennis balls stuck in them?)
Anyways, once the boys joined, Red Rover became interesting, because after 5 minutes the two lines consisted of ALL boys on one side (holding hands...?) and ALL girls on the other side (holding hands). I laughed 'cause the boys were chicken to hold a girls hand, and the girls didn't want to hold the boys hands (aah... grade eight...).
In other news, Steph and I accidentally walked into a store that was selling all their furniture at 50%+ off. We can't afford furniture, we really shouldn't buy furniture, but we bought a couch set anyways. The store closes in 6 days. What's awesome about it, is that the store sells pretty high-end Canadian made furniture.
When we brought the furniture home (thanks to Steve and Janelle Morley!)(Steve said, "It's the ultimate compliment to a guy to have someone ask to borrow their truck...") we had trouble getting the furniture in through the front door. Then we had trouble getting it in through the back door too. (Uh-oh). Fortunately, sliding doors come out of their tracks....
Now the couches look pretty good in our living room!
In still other news, Michael still hasn't updated his blog despite the fact that he has now fallen in love with Barbie, and fought a bear with a snowshoe... What will happen next, I wonder?
No comments:
Post a Comment